Sunday, May 14, 2006

First book: DONE

Well, twelve days into it, I've finished Tess of the D'urbervilles. So yeah.

Book 1: Tess of the D'urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
I liked this book. It is my type of book. It is British and written in the nineteenth century and it is Victorian and overly dramatic. I like it when books are about emotions and relationships and not other things. This book can be put in the same catagory as Rebecca and Wuthering Heights. I like those.

And poor Tess you just feel so bad for her. And both of the guys are crap, but you switch between them, trying to decide which is the lesser of two evils.

And the ending was surprising, but not. Once it happened you could understand it.

And I don' thave much more to say right now because I want to go knit and listen to my next book which is...

Book 2: The Stranger by Albert Camus.

Oh yes and so I've decided while I've got this giant knitting project that I will listen to some of the books on cd even though I'm a faster reader.

I'm about a fourth of the way into this one. It reads like a diary, and an almost boring one at that. Maybe not boring, but his day to day life can be mundane, although he notices things in a different way. But I think I'm just about to get to the juicy stuff because I looked at the book itself in the library and the chapter I'm on talks about guns. Duhn duhn duhn. Also I wouldn't mind reading this in French, I think it would be fun.

Okay that is all for now.

No comments: